Great news! Winter has broken and the 2016 trail season is now upon us!
Genesee Regional Off-Road Cyclists (GROC), your local IMBA chapter, is excited to kick off this year with a bang by continuing to work hard for you, the rider, to build and maintain our incredible local trail network. To achieve our goal of expanding and maintaining our trails, we need YOUR support! If you haven’t yet become a GROC member, or if your membership has lapsed and you are thinking about renewing, right now is the very best time to give a little back to support the trails!
Why is right now the best time to join GROC or renew your membership? Simple: IMBA is sponsoring a membership drive through the end of May. Joining now enters you to win some really great prizes, including riding/camping gear, Jenson USA cash, and even an epic mountain bike trip! This is on top of the great swag you already get for becoming a member and supporting GROC, from discounts at local bike shops, to IMBA gear (free socks!) and a magazine subscription of your choice. Plus, joining now allows you to more directly support GROC, as we have the chance to receive a larger-than-usual percentage of your membership dues during the drive.
As a little incentive, here’s a teaser of some of the great things GROC is up to this year:
- Trail work parties, including co-sponsored events with area bike shops
- New trails in multiple parks and a skills area in Bay Park West
- Social gatherings to connect with friends off the trail
- Women’s group rides
- Improved website and communications with our members through social media, newsletters, and videos!
- GROC articles focusing on local mountain biking issues and interests
- Tons of advocacy work and opportunities for involvement in decision making that will determine the future riding opportunities in the Genesee Region
We can’t continue to exist without your support. As a rider of the Genesee area trails, please consider supporting the organization that advocates for your right to ride off-road, actively maintains the current trails you get to enjoy, and continues to expand the burgeoning off-road opportunities in the Genesee region! GROC is made of—and exists for—local riders.
Thanks again for your support of better trails for all!
PS. If you would prefer not to join just yet, but still want to enter the contest, you can sign the IMBA Trail Love pledge. To learn more about our local efforts, and keep appraised of all the GROC happenings, join the GROC Trail Crew Meetup page. Your involvement matters!
|< Prev||Next >|